WoW Hardcore Casual's (MoP 5.4) - Guide to Getting Started On A New Server
Published: 2014-05-16, by WoWHardCas-Team - Kel'Thuzad
Sometimes in WoW you make friends on a different server and want to join them, but you'd rather start a new character than pay the 25 dollar transfer fee, and sudden you're completely broke again! Here I have a few simple tips to help you get setup on a new server fast!
- Remember to mail your heirlooms over! Heirlooms can be used cross server and cross faction, but many players forget this (myself included)!
- If you have a decent PvP character on your old server, you can run arena carries on the new server with your old servers character and build up a decent stockpile of cash on the new server! This works best if you are the same faction of course.
- Cage your pets and sell them on the auction house of your new server! This method also works great for transferring gold. In my personal experience, dragon whelplings of all colors seem to sell quite quickly, although you might have to sell for a slight loss, you might also be able to sell for more however!
- Get TSM, get xmog groups setup for all gear (google transmog TSM import lists), and start sell all green BoEs as you level.
- For certain level ranges there are very profitable farming spots. I recommend the medium leather farming spot in Wetlands for levels 22-30 (requires skinning 125, best as a worgen), the Eastern Plagelands for levels 36-42, and embersilk farming in the Twighlight Highlands for levels 80-85 (requires tailoring 400 and northern cloth scavenging), and windwool cloth farming in the Townlong Steppes for levels 87-90!
- Farm spots cross server with your old servers high level characters! Group up with your friends on your old characters, let him loot everything and send it to your new character. I used this method to help a friend get a starting cash flow of 5-10k gold on my server in just one hour!
Well, hopefully this information will help you get off to a better start on your new server! Good luck in your adventures!Back